Tremflex 834 is a pure acrylic latex sealant formulated to provide a fastsetting pliable seal with minimal shrinkage. Questions? Contact Us.
Tremflex 834 can be used for general purpose interior and exterior caulking and as a back-bedding glazing compound. It is also highly recommended as an acoustical seal in the construction of interior walls, ceilings and floors. It is suitable for use on vinyl, aluminum and wood siding as well as on bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
• Do not apply Tremflex 834 to damp or contaminated surfaces.
• Always utilize the sealant’s MSDS found on our website at www.tremcosealants.com for information on proper ventilation, Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) and other health concerns.
• Keep product from freezing.
• Although Tremflex 834 is paintable, this does not imply adhesion to and compatibility with all paints. Please refer to Tremco Technical Bulletin No.S-09-05 for more information.
Surfaces must be sound, clean, and dry. All release agents, existing waterproofing, dust, loose mortar, laitance, paints, or other finishes must be removed. This can be accomplished with a thorough wire brushing, grinding, sandblasting, or solvent washing, depending on the contamination. Tremco recommends that surface temperatures be 40 °F (5 °C) or above at the time the sealant is applied. If sealant must be applied in temperatures below 40 °F, please refer to the Tremco Guide for Applying Sealants in Cold Weather that can be found on our website at www.tremcosealants.com. Applicable Standards
• Tremflex 834 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following
• ASTM C834, Type OP, Grade -18 °C
• CAN/CGSB 19-GP-17M
Apply Tremflex 834 with conventional caulking equipment filling the joint from the bottom first. Immediately tool the sealant with a spatula to ensure intimate contact with the joint walls. Dry tooling is preferred, although water can be used in limited amounts to slick the spatula if needed. For window and door perimeter fillet bead applications, a 1/4″ (6 mm) minimum surface area is recommended.